Short tales to read with your morning coffee or your five o’clock whatever.
Inside are sixteen stories and a longer novella, each about smart, strong, complicated women. As life comes at them some suffer the consequences, others enjoy them.
Women loving men… or not, women loving women… or not, women nurturing their families and themselves. Most of them contemporary, some dealing with standards that never change, all of them people you might want to know.
- If you like Flannery O’Connor’s Southern Gothic twists, meet Shelly Lewis, or at least that’s what she says her name is.
- Enjoy tales from the #MeToo front? Follow Paula, Samantha, Tammy, and Fran as they pay back their lecherous boss.
- Then there’s Feather, a Native American girl thrust into the role of caregiver and later torn from her family.
- Becca, who orchestrates justice for her son’s senseless death.
- Rusty, who redefines what the good life means for her.
- And more.
Find out which will be your favorite…